Tuesday 25 June 2013

Black or Beige

Last week I was having dinner with some girlfriends that I haven't seen for a while.  One is in a new home, one is selling her current home, one is considering whether or not to sell her home.  Inevitably the conversation turned to decorating. 

In particular what to do with a non-descript builder installed fireplace that is your standard white and is a crying out to be a focal point.  The husband would like to clad the fireplace in the usual beige brick.


Courtesy Canadian House and Home Magazine

But wouldn't a little drama make the difference between safe and extraordinary?  Like a black fireplace.......SO MUCH MORE DRAMATIC.



Courtesy Soli Land Surfaces.com




 





 



2 comments:

  1. Sandy I love your attitude regarding the Blog Podium this September. I'd love to touch base with you as I'm a newbie as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops... my email is jaborhey@yahoo.com
    Cheers
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete